Probiotic strains in Ultra Flora Immune Control have been shown to help:
- Maintain healthy immune system regulation.1
- Reduce occurrence of, and manage, allergy symptoms.2,3
- Decrease occurrence of eczema in infants and children. Eczema affects up to 1 in 3 children.4
- Combination of two immune modulating, anti-inflammatory probiotic strains.
- Regulate the immune system: Lactobacillus rhamnosus LGG® and lactobacillus paracasei (LP-33TM) help to promote immune regulation by interacting with dendritic cells within the gut associated lymphoid tissue (GALT) stimulating the production of regulatory T cells and increasing production of regulatory cytokines such as IL-10 and TGF-beta.5 LGG® also promotes a shift towards an enhanced anti-inflammatory response by a heightened secretion of anti-inflammatory cytokines and decreased secretion of pro-inflammatory cytokines.3
- LGG® has bidirectional immunomodulatory effects - stimulatory when an increased response is needed and down-regulatory when attenuation is appropriate.6 20 billion CFU of LGG® daily has been shown to reduce immune hyper-reactivity by strengthening gut mucosal barrier integrity.8
- LP-33TM modulates inflammation and immune reactions by interacting with these cells and, together with LGG®, inducing development of regulatory T cells which can down regulate IgE, a Th2 cytokine involved in allergy.2 A double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial on 425 subjects with allergic rhinitis compared the effects of LP-33TM or placebo over a five week period. The LP-33TM group demonstrated significant improvements in their Rhinitis Quality Of Life (RQLQ) score, nasal and ocular symptoms (Figure One).2