Coriolus, Reishi And Astragalus Tablets For Immune Support.
Ingredients in Super Mushroom with Astragalus have been traditionally used or shown to:
- Enhance and regulate immune system function.i,ii
- Provide symptomatic relief of upper respiratory tract infections, including mucus congestion.iii, iv
- Provide support during times of fatigue and lack of strength.v
- Contains mushroom extracts high in polysaccharides.
- Enhance and regulate the immune system: Polysaccharide molecules may modulate the immune response due to the interaction with the intestinal ecosystem and gut associated lymphoid tissue (GALT).iv Trametes versicolor (Coriolus) exerts prebiotic activity which modulates the gastrointestinal microbiotavii and Ganoderma lucidum(Reishi) may protect against impaired intestinal permeability and dysbiosis.viii As well as medicinal mushrooms, Astragalus membranaceus (Astragalus) also contains polysaccharides that may enhance macrophage, B-cell and T-cell activity, leading to increased surveillance and defence against pathogens.ix Astragalus also increases the number and activity of T-regulatory cellsx and modulates inflammatory pathways.xi
- Antiviral activity: Reishi contains the polysaccharides β-D-glucans that modulate the activity of macrophages, T-helper, NK cells and other effector cells.xii Ganoderma lucidum Proteoglycan (GLPG) may inhibit viral replication and exerts strong antiviral activity.xiii Coriolus can increase immune activation in those affected by mild viral infections.xiv
- Beneficial during times of fatigue: Astragalus is used to support immune function, fatigue and a lack of strength in traditional Chinese medicine.xv, xvi