Skip to content
- 5-HTP is involved in the biosynthesis of serotonin.
- Contains 100 mg of S-adenosyl methionine (SAMe).
- Easy, once a day prescribing for improved compliance.
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan: 5-HTP is the intermediate metabolite of the essential amino acid L-tryptophan in the biosynthesis of serotonin. Oral administration of 5-HTP is well absorbed with 70% uptake into the blood stream. 5-HTP has also been shown to easily cross the blood brain barrier. 1 Melatonin, a neuropeptide produced by the pineal gland in the brain, has also been shown to increase following oral administration of 5-HTP.1
- Synergistic combination of nutrients: L-phenylalanine is an amino acid precursor to catecholamines such as adrenaline, noradrenaline and dopamine.2Proxan also contains S Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAMe), a biological metabolite that is involved in methyl donor transfers and requires the use of vitamin B6, B12 and folic acid for its synthesis.3,4