Sodium chloride has been shown to or may:
- Assist in the relief of symptoms of sinusitis, rhinitis and colds.1,2
- Provides targeted nasal delivery for ease of symptoms.
- Combines a saline solution scented with essential oils.
- Nasal irrigation has been shown in several clinical trials to relieve the symptoms of chronic rhinitis, sinusitis and colds.1,2,3 A controlled study of 150 adults with chronic sinusitis has shown daily nasal saline irrigation to improve symptoms in over 70% of subjects. There was also a significant decrease in the use of sinus medications in 35% of participants during the intervention.4 Potential efficacy of nasal irrigation is supported by the observation that a saline solution increases mucociliary clearance by moisturising the nasal cavity and removing encrusted material.5 Nasal irrigation may also reduce the viscosity of mucus and the concentration of inflammatory mediators found in mucus.6
- Saline solution with essential oils: Nasoclear contains a saline solution scented with essential oils from eucalyptus, thyme, lavender and peppermint for targeted nasal delivery in an easy to use nasal spray.