One a Day, Clinically Trialled Krill Oil.
In healthy people NKO™ krill oil may:
- Help maintain healthy cholesterol levels.1
- Assist in the maintenance of healthy LDL/HDL cholesterol ratio.1
- One a day capsule to improve patient compliance.
- A randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trial was completed on 120 subjects using NKO™ krill oil. NKO™ krill oil may assist in the maintenance of a healthy LDL:HDL cholesterol ratio in healthy people.After 12 weeks, the group taking 1.0 g of krill oil daily had a 13.4% difference in mean total cholesterol, where the group taking 2.0 g of krill oil had an 18.1% difference in mean total cholesterol. Additionally, HDL was also affected (Figure One).1 Krill oil may also assist in the maintenance of triglycerides within the healthy range in healthy people. The mechanism behind krill oil's effect on cholesterol may be owed to its unique molecular composition of phospholipids and omega-3 acids.1
Figure One: Krill Oil May Help Maintain Healthy Cholesterol Levels.1
Bunea R, El Farrah K and Deutsch L. Evaluation of the effects of Neptune Krill Oil on the clinical course of hyperlipidemia. Altern Med Rev. 2004 ;9(4):420-8.
- Highly stabilised EPA/DHA with antioxidant properties: Krill oil is high in naturally occurring antioxidant components, such as vitamins A and E and the carotenoid astaxanthin. One of the mechanisms that krill oil may work by is to reduce lipid peroxidation.2 Krill oil may help maintain cardiovascular health in healthy individuals.1 The EPA and DHA found in krill oil are highly bioavailable as they are linked to phospholipids, improving the transport of these fatty acids through the intestinal wall.1,2
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact Health World Limited in Australia on 1800 777 648 or in New Zealand on 0508 227 744.
Adults: Take 1 capsule daily with food.
Each capsule contains:
Euphausia superba oil (Krill NKO™)
Free from corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein, starches and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Not suitable for patients with shellfish or seafood allergies (krill is a small crustacean).
Store below 30°C